Thursday, March 6, 2014

Berry Fantastic Smoothie (Vegan)


The first time I made this, I had a vision of what I wanted this smoothie to taste like-creamy, smooth, sweet, and better than any other berry smoothie Iv'e made.  I pictured myself diving into this silky smoothie and sinking in like a pillow.  Obviously, I think this texture is d-bomb.  The texture is one of my favorite parts about drinking this heavenly, luxurious delight!  I am guessing it's from the avocado, frozen banana, and berries.  It is the perfect combination for a momentary getaway far, far away in a quiet deserted island or into the deep amazon jungles.  Don't you think those thoughts feel nice and relaxing?  I am thinking about making one of these getaways in a jar tomorrow, because I am kind-of craving one right now.  Sometimes those feeling hit like a baseball bat, and you got to do something about it (like head for the blender!)  I honestly don't make a lot of smoothies, but when I do, they are worth every second drinking it.    

This smoothie is a good snack, but if your'e looking for a glass full of pure nourishment, then you might want to consider making a vegetable juice with an abundance of minerals and nutrients.  They are easier to absorb nutrients, because they don't have any of the fiber, and it also a big rest for for your digestive tract.  It's a good rule of thumb to drink them for nourishment, not for taste.  I don't think they taste that good, but if your'e looking for a scrumptious snack, then this smoothie will do wonders to satisfy your thirst for appetizing foods.    

I remember making smoothies for my mom when she was sick, or my brothers that were drawn to one of my tropical smoothies hypnotizing colors.  The color was a bright, peachy orange that looked un-resistible.  I even put it in an electric blue cup with an adjustable plastic straw and a mini Hawaiian umbrella to top it all.  It was similar to a slushy, so I called it "the Tropical Slushy".  It was a sweet, knock-your-socks-off kind-of smoothie that I will probably post the recipe for sometime.

Happy drinking,
                           Melanie




Berry Fantastic Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 heaping cup mixed berries (frozen)
  • 1/2 banana (frozen)
  • 1/2 cup almond milk or water
  • 1-2 tbsps coconut nectar or any sweetener of your choice
  • 1/2 avocado
  • a few handfuls of spinach (optional)
Directions:

In a blender, blend all of the ingredients until smooth.

  • This smoothie serves one


No comments:

Post a Comment