Friday, March 7, 2014

Beet Ginger Crackers + Cranberry Cream Tart Dip (Vegan and Raw)


These beet crackers and the cream tart dip brings me back to the day of Thanksgiving, because of the taste of ginger and cranberries.  I started remembering the smell of Thanksgiving baked goods and mashed potatoes and gravy.  In the back of my mind, I think I could smell a fresh harvest scent too.  My imagination runs wild all the time.  These crackers are still good for any time of the year though.  The instant I popped one of these raw crackers in my mouth, I thought "mmmm, I can't believe these are raw, they taste warm like a cooked snack."  I'm guessing it's from the ginger and warm feel straight from the dehydrator.   These crackers are chewy, slightly sweet, and would be a perfect appetizer for a party or special event.


When you look at these pictures, you can most likely tell that it was raining outside at the time, and your'e right.  The rain was enchanting; I could smell the blissful smell of rain drops.  The clouds formed a fluffy, gray cotton clumps in the sky.  The spilled rain temporarily stained the the leafless branches.  I stood out on my porch calm and steady with the sounds of nature.  You can find beauty in even cloudy and rainy days.  

When I was a young girl, my friend and I drew cute designs with multicolored chalk on our driveway and watch them fade as the rain would hit the surface.  My friend had the largest umbrella that could cover over four people.  It was the color of the rainbow, and each color dispersed from the tip of the center like rays of sunshine would from the sun.  It was an umbrella that could be easily seen sticking out of the ground of the sandy beaches.  My friend and I would sit under the umbrella in the quiet, still rain as we would watch the rain fall.   








Beet Ginger Crackers

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cubed beets
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds
  • 2 tbsps water
  • 1/4 cup raw almond butter
  • 3/4 cup almond flour
  • 1 tsp ginger powder
  • 1 tbsp honey
Directions:

1. In a food processor, blend the beets until they look thinly minced.  Pour the beets and everything else in a bowl and mix well.  Eventually start kneading the mixture with your hands.  

2. In a dehydrator, spread the mixture across a dehydrating sheet and get a butter knife and cut the spread into square pieces before you start dehydrating them.  Dehydrate the crackers on 105F. for 12 hours.



Cranberry Cream Tart Dip

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk fat
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/8 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut nectar
  • 1/8 heaping cup dried cranberries
Directions:

1. In a food processor, blend the cashew butter, then the coconut milk fat until smooth.  Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cranberries.  In a separate bowl, pour in the cream dip and mix in the dried cranberries.  

2. Place the cream dip in the fridge until it's ready to serve with the crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment