Saturday, January 4, 2014

Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hello everyone, I am so happy to post this recipe!  This is one of my favorite desserts 
that I could eat forever and ever!  For a week or so, I’ve wanted to come up with a raw chocolate chip cookie recipe because I couldn't found one anywhere.  I decided to go on my quest to the kitchen to experiment with good food combinations to make these cookies taste similar to the real thing.  The weirdest thing happen to me yesterday, my dad tasted some of the cookie dough and he actually thought it tasted good.  He usually doesn't like the smell and taste of the healthy food I eat, so that was a shocker for me.  It all makes sense; who can resist chocolate chip cookies?  





Raw Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1 cup cashew flour
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt, and if you want you can add a pinch more
  • 1/4 cup coconut nectar
  • 3/4 cup coconut butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 3 tbsps cacao nibs
Directions:

1. In a bowl, sift the almond flour, cashew flour, sea salt, and ground flax seeds.  Add the rest of the ingredients, except the cacao nibs, and mix well.  Knead the cookie dough and smash any coconut butter clumps with your fingers or a spoon.  Add the cacao nibs and stir the dough until everything is mixed in well.

2. Next, place the dough on a long piece of parchment paper. With a rolling pin, roll the dough until you reach the cookie thickness you desire.  With a round cookie cutter, or the inside of a round measuring cup, make a round shape.  Gently place each cookie unto a dehydrating tray.

3. Dehydrate the the cookies on 105F. for around 12 hours or over-night.  When they are finished you can serve them with almond milk.

  • This recipes makes 12-14 cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment