Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats (Vegan and No Bake)


Today already seemed to fly by in a blink of an eye; it's almost dinner time for me right now.  In the morning I woke up, ate a quick snack, took snap shots of this food, edited them, munched on them, and here I am.  Blogging is one of my favorite things to do in my spare time.  There is always so much to learn, and I love helping other people in any way I can.  I am passionate about giving others ideas and information on living healthy and happy lives.  If you have something to offer, don't you just want to share it with the world?  It's a mission, a desire, and it seems like a responsibility too.  


The colors I chose in my food and pictures lit up my endless thoughts of creativity that were just waiting to be released.  You probably know by now that I love anything bright and colorful.  Giving any foods accents of blue, green, and pink (and all combined) is like a field of long strands of grass and a wardrobe of flowers right before your eyes.  Since it's already march, spring is just around the corner, and these colors truly remind me of it.  I guess Iv'e always liked pink and blue together, because when I got braces those were the colors I chose; it reminded me of bubble gum.  It was probably psychological since I wasn't supposed to chew gum with braces.  Looking back, I realize that those colors reflected what I loved--like bubble gum!  


These chocolate rice crispy treats are like the best friend I never had.  This treat literally tastes like silky milk chocolate wrapped around the crispy rice.  The rice crispy treats crumble a bit, but they are still stable enough to hold well.  They are best eaten when cold.  If you want them to be like the marshmellow-sticky kind, then it might help to heat the chocolate sauce in a sauce pan on medium-high heat for five minutes and then pour it into the brown rice.  I didn't want to bake them to kill any nutrients in the mighty, beneficial ingredients that we have a chance to preserve.  Usually in every recipe I make there is going to be something raw in it.  I try to eat a least half raw each day and even more than that.  The more the merrier, right?  Yesterday I joking with my brothers about how raw foods have healing powers, but at the same time I was kind of serious too.  Foods can heal anyone from any disease or sickness.  (Here's a great book that Iv'e been reading right now on this topic.)  It may take awhile, but every food is a building block upon the strong body you build--so lets eat! :)




Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats (Vegan & No Bake)

Ingredients:

  • 6 cups organic crispy brown rice (These sprouted brown rice puffs are my favorite.)
  • 1/2 cup cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1 cup cashew butter (or you could try using another kind you have)
  • 1/2 cup coconut nectar
Directions:

1. Line a 8/11 pan with parchment paper, or grease it with coconut oil.  

2. In a small bowl, mix everything, except the crispy brown rice.  In a large bowl, pour in the crispy brown rice and then the chocolate sauce.  Mix the ingredients until the crispy brown rice is covered in the chocolate sauce.  Place the chocolate rice crispy treats in the 8/11 pan and gently press the top down until it's an even layer.

3. place the chocolate rice crispy treat in the freezer for 45 minutes and serve immediately.  It's best not to keep the rice crispy treats out for more than 5 minutes.  This treat is best served cold because it's a no bake dessert.  Place the rice crispy treats in the fridge and keep them chilled.

  • This makes a full 8/11 pan and a little extra


Mint Cream Drizzle (Optional)

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 drops peppermint oil
  • 1 tsp dried mint leaves
  • 3 packets stevia
  • 1/8 cup coconut oil
  • 1/8 cup nut milk of your choice (I like to use almond and coconut milk)
  • 1 avocado
Directions:

In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients until the mint cream is smooth.  Drizzle the mint cream on top of the chocolate rice crispy treats.

Note: it's best to drizzle the mint cream on top when the rice crispy treats are ready to serve, because if you drizzle it on and don't eat it right away, the cream turns into an unpleasant color from the avocados.


  • There will be extra left-overs 


No comments:

Post a Comment