Friday, February 28, 2014

Raw Pasta on a Plate


This is the easiest dish to make.  If I went to a potluck or a picnic, I would most likely be bringing this. You don't have to have fancy spiralizers to make noodles out of vegetables.  I used something as simple as a potato peeler.  If you have a spiralizer, that's great, the job can get done much faster.  Iv'e always wanted a spiralizer, but for now, I will just stick with my handy potato peeler.  Sometimes I get wild with foods, and if you have the urge do the same, you can make carrots noodles too.  I know that it might clash with the pasta, but it might taste fine.  Some people have done it with different pasta dishes, so it might taste yummy.  If you were wondering what I put on top, it's just some delightful pea sprouts.  I thought this simple garnish would add a flair to this raw pasta.  If you like the taste as much as I did, you can dump a handful on top.  When I was younger, I remember eating pasta with peas on the side.  I guess the garnish reminds me of the peas I would combine this dish with.   


If eating a salad is a dread for you (which it used to be for me) then eating this vegetable based pasta could be a great substitute.  Who says a salad has to be full of lettuce, it can have any vegetables you want.  I like to move around with salads, so this pasta was satisfying, because I haven't had this dish for ages.  Before I made this pasta, I described to my taste buds how I would like it.  So with a lot of love, vegetables, and flavor, this dish has became a favorite for me right now.  

The funny thing is, I probably had more fun peeling the zucchinis than actually eating the pasta.  For most people, it's most likely the other way around.  Cooking, fixing, and preparing food can be a great joy for me.  Doesn't it feel amazing to create something new and beautiful.  I get a lot of pleasure out of doing so.  I have a dog named Mylee, and she seems to be happiest doing something as basic as playing outside, getting her belly rubbed from my family members, and going on walks.  She jumps for joy when I get her leash out or if say the word "walk".  As I have observed that, I came to realize that little things can make us the happiest person, I guess it's just about how you look at.  





Raw Pasta on a Plate

Best Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:


  • 2 cups of ripe tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp of olive oil or the olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar
  • 2 tsps Italian seasoning or the Italian seasoning from the sun dried tomatoes jar.
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • pea sprouts to garnish (optional)

Directions:

In a food processor, blend the sun dried tomatoes and then add the regular tomatoes and blend well.
In a small bowl, pour in the tomato sauce and then the rest of the ingredients and stir them together.


Zucchini Noodles

Ingredients:
  • 2 zucchinis (peeling 1 + 1/2 makes one large serving)
Directions:

With a potato peeler, vegetable spiralizer, or mandoline slicer, start making the noodles.  If you use a potato peeler like I did, just peel the zucchini into long shreds until you reach the core.


No comments:

Post a Comment