This Mexican salad is one of my favorites, full of so much flavor. When I eat this I feel like my taste buds are going to explode! I believe in eating food that not only looks and tastes great, but food that is nourishing to your body. A salad is one of the best foods that you can eat. It's not only packed with nutrients, but its also filled with enzymes! Enzymes are the life force that drives everything that you do, because they are packed with energy. In the past I used to drink a lot of smoothies throughout the day. The problem with that is I could of been chewing more of my food. When you chew your food well, your food activates enzymes, and more enzymes means a better, healthier life.
The Colorful Mexican Salad
For the Salad:
- raw organic shredded cheese (preferably pasture raised)
- red bell peppers
- avocados (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- a small amount lemon or lime juice
- green lettuce
- South West Sunshine Burgers broken into small pieces (optional)
- green onions
In a bowl, mix in all of the salad ingredients and pour on your favorite dressing or make "The Vegan Cheesy Dressing" below.
The Vegan Cheesy Dressing
- 1 + 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 heaping tsp himalayan salt
- 1 + 1/2 tsps zip seasoning (I use the Spice Hunters)
- 3/4 red bell pepper
- 3 tbsps coconut vinegar
- 3 tbsps nutritional yeast
- up to 2 tbsps water if it's needed
Soak the cashews in warm water for 6-8 hours.
1. In a large food processor, blend all of the ingredients, except the water. If you have a small food processor, you can make half of the recipe one at a time. Now, blend the mixture until it's smooth.
2. If the dressing needs some water, pour in up to 2 tbsps and blend well.
- This makes a little over a 9.5 oz. glass bottle of this dressing.
Note: this dressing is a bit thick and creamy, but it tastes wonderful.