Sunday, December 8, 2013

BBQ Kale Chips


One day I was thinking about all of the different kinds of chip flavors there is out there.  I wanted to make something I never make, so I decided to make these tasty kale chips.  I usually use cashews for these kale chips, but I wanted to use some different ingredients.  I bought this BBQ seasoning mix that I wanted to use for something, but at the time I didn't know what until I thought of this recipe.  I like how this isn't the ordinary BBQ chip; the ones at the store are full of msg and preservatives.  These are completely guilt free and you don't have to worry about shoving down too much.  In the past I would mindlessly eat chips and I couldn't stop munching on them; I didn't really know why it was hard for me to stop.  With these leafy based chips, you can indulge and you'll feel great!


BBQ Kale Chips


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsps BBQ seasoning blend (I use spice hunters)
  • 1-2 tbsps coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup raw hemp seeds 
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 1 1/2 tsps sea salt
  • 1 large or 2 small bunches kale
Directions:

1. Chop the red bell pepper into cubes.  Wash the kale and dry it with a paper towel or salad spinner.  Take out the stems of the kale by cutting them with a knife.  Now tare the leaves into chip size pieces.

2. In a food processor, blend in all of the ingredients, expect the kale.  In a separate bowl, pour in the BBQ spread and then the kale pieces.  With your hands, mix everything  together until the kale is covered with the spread.

3. Next, place the kale onto the dehydrating trays.  Make sure the kale is at least 1/2 inch apart from the rest.  Dehydrate the kale up to 12 hours or over night.



No comments:

Post a Comment