I love large salads, because they are full of living foods! What a blessing it is to have salads that nourish and strengthen us from the inside and out. I always fill a new vitality after eating something with a variety of vegetables. The ingredients in this salad can strengthen your hair and skin, because they are full of beta carotenes, good healthy fats like omega 3 and 6, proteins, and lots of vitamins! A lot of my healing has been done in the kitchen by fixing food and using my imagination and eating what makes me feel amazing! I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen; it is one of my favorite places to be....until it's time to do the dishes.
Sweet Garden Salad
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8-1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1-2 tbsps coconut vinegar
- a pinch garlic powder
- a few pinches onion powder
- 1/3 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/2 tbsp water (if it is needed)
In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients together, except the water. When the dressing is creamy and blended well, add the water if it's needed.
- This dressing makes a little over 1/3 of a cup
For the Salad:
- romaine lettuce
- sweet potatoes (1/2 of a medium sized one is good for a large salad.)
- coconut oil for the sweet potatoes
- sprouts (optional, I like to use broccoli.)
Cubed Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat the oven at 400F. Lay parchment paper over the top of a baking sheet. Chop the sweet potatoes into cubes. Place the cubes into a strainer and pour hot water over them if they are cold in any way.
2. Pour the cubed sweet potatoes into a medium sized bowl and add in a small amount of coconut oil. With your hands or with gloves on, mix the oil and sweet potatoes together.
3. Now, spread the sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and cook them for 25-35 minutes.
When the sweet potatoes cool off, add them to the salad along with the dressing.