Mmmmmm, pizza--my favorite! This doesn't taste like the real pizza, but it sure tastes delicious. You may be wondering why I put dehydrated pizza on the title and not raw pizza. Well, the buckwheat groats that I bought online were actually roasted, but I figured I should still use them. You can try to find raw buckwheat if you can, but I heard that most buckwheat is going to be cooked in some way. I like the way they turned out though, just the way I like them--soft with lots of vegetables.
When I say lots of vegetables, this is what I'm talking about! If I can take a bite out of that veggie layered pizza without the vegetables spilling, that would be awesome.
Dehydrated Buckwheat Pizza
Buckwheat Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps ground flax seeds
- 1 peeled zucchini
- 3 tbsps almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp himaylian salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsps Italian seasoning
- a small amount of water
1. Grind the buckwheat and sunflower seeds into a flour. In a food processor, blend the zucchini well and add it into a medium sized bowl along the rest of the ingredients. Add a small amount of water and combine the dough and knead it with your hands.
2. On a piece of parchment paper, lay some dough onto it and with a rolling pin flatten it until you get the pizza thickness you want. If you desire, you can cut the dough with a cookie cutter or use the inside of a measuring cup to get round pizzas. When you are done making the pizza crust shapes, gently place each crust into a dehydrator and dehydrate them at 105F. for 12 hours or more.
Best Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups of ripe tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or the olive oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning or the Italian seasoning from the sun dried tomatoes jar.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. In a food processor, blend the sun dried tomatoes and then add the regular tomatoes and blend well.
2. In a small bowl, pour in the tomato sauce and then the rest of the ingredients and stir them together.
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
In a food processor, add all of the ingredients and blend well. The cheese should resemble a small chunky mixture.
- bell peppers
- raw organic cheese (optional)
Chop the vegetables and shred the cheese and place them on the pizza.